Not handy with a hammer?
There are many ways to volunteer
It takes a village, in fact; it takes a whole community to step up to the challenge of eliminating poverty housing. We need as many volunteers helping off the construction site as we do hammering nails.
Below are just a few of the current volunteer opportunities with our administration and operations teams. We understand your most precious resource is your time and all of the volunteer positions can be tailored to fit your interests. If you don’t see one that catches your attention, please contact Hillary Critchlow, (802) 872-8726, email@example.com to discuss how you could lend a hand.
Our local Habitat for Humanity has multiple openings for leadership positions on committees as well as a new
Treasurer for the Board of Directors.
The Treasurer needs a strong financial background and will work with the Finance Committee and the Board to manage all aspects of the organizations finances. The time commitment varies from between 0 to 5 hours per week.
Contact: Hillary Critchlow, (802) 872-8726, firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing & Publicity Committee
Spread the word about Habitat for Humanity. Marketing and Publicity Committee is looking for a variety of writers, designers, photographers, and web enthusiasts who will:
- Write long and short feature articles for our email news, printed newsletters, and website
- Create compelling videos to showcase home building, joy of volunteering, and delight of homeownership
- Photograph special events and volunteer crews building homes
- Serve as Webmaster to coordinate content updates
Contact: Ted Johnson, Marketing and Publicity Chair, (802) 985-8976 or 238-0604, email@example.com
Putting the FUN into fundraising, Advancement volunteers are essential to fulfilling our homebuilding goals. There are large and small tasks to assist with:
- Grant research and writing
- Events, both online and in-person, to engage our volunteers, donors, homeowners, and broader community
- Donor communications including our email news
- Database management
- Annual fundraising through letters and phone-a-thon
Contact: Director of Advancement, (802) 872-8726, firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Selection Committee
Work with the committee that helps find and qualify new Habitat Homeowners. You might help publicize and staff our semi-annual Homeowner Applicant Information Meetings. You can choose to work directly with potential habitat Homeowners and assist them in filling out their homeowner application and financial information forms.
Contact: Jeneva Burroughs, Family Selection Committee Chair, (802) 878-2838, email@example.com
Family Support Committee
Work with new and current Habitat Homeowners, helping them with the joys and challenges home ownership brings.
- Answer questions about and guide families through the process of helping them build their own home and fulfilling their sweat equity commitment
- Guide them through the building process and assist them in choosing construction items and finishes for their home
- Help plan the Homeowner Dedication Ceremony when each new home is complete
- Act as a liaison between the new homeowner and Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity
Contact: Jane Stickney, (802) 878-5291, firstname.lastname@example.org
Congregations Relations: Liaisons & Committee Members
Serve as a congregation liaison to help your faith community connect with Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity.
- Liaisons act as the communication link with Habitat by sharing news and information about organizational needs. Through liaisons many congregations become more deeply involved with building crews by bringing snacks to sites, participating as teams on homes, and through fundraising activities.
- Committee members keep liaisons informed, establish new relationships, and deepen existing relationships with congregations. Members also support congregations in whatever way they wish to connect with GMHfH.
Contact: David Mullin, Executive Director, (802) 872-8726, email@example.com
For general information email firstname.lastname@example.org